Assam Orunodoi Scheme 2023
In 2020, Assam Government has initiated the orunodoi scheme to offer a minimum monthly income flow to women who hail from economically disadvantaged homes, older men, individuals with disabilities, and those who identify as being of the third gender. This scheme serves for increased nutritional support, financial awareness, and economic empowerment.
Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) scheme is used to credit the monthly money to the account. More than 19.10 Lakh Households benefit from this scheme. A monthly transfer of Rs 1,250, is made to their bank accounts on each month for the purchase of sugar, pulses, and medicine. Here, you can check the Assam Orunodoi Scheme 2023 Beneficiary List, Steps to apply online to register, and other details.
Assam Orunodoi Scheme 2023 | Overview
|Scheme Name||Assam Orunodoi Scheme|
|Launched On||02 October 2020|
|Launched By||Government of Assam|
|Implemented By||Finance Department of Assam|
|Target||15,000 beneficiaries per legislative assembly|
|Objective||To provide financial help to poor people|
Assam Orunodoi 2.0 Scheme
On February 28, applications are invited from elderly men who reside in nursing homes or retirement communities to get benefits from Orunodoi 2.0. if the applicant receives approval from both the neighborhood DC and the guardian minister of the district. Both distributing organizations (DC) will allocate the funds to the successful applicant and get the benefits from this scheme.
Orunodoi Scheme Benefits
The beneficiaries who are all registered will get the following benefits.
|1||50% subsidy for the 4 Kgs of pulses||Rs 200|
|2||50% of the monthly expenditure for the 4 Kgs of sugar||Rs 80|
|3||Buying medicines to take care of their health needs||Rs 400|
|4||Purchase of essential fruits and vegetables||Rs 150|
Additional Rs.250 to Orunodoi Beneficiaries
The “Orunodoi” scheme is the first start in October month to receive the increased amount. To develop economically disadvantaged families pay their monthly power bills so that the family will receive an additional sum of Rs.250.
Assam Orunodoi Scheme Latest Updates
- The preset additional amount will be given to recipients of the state government’s flagship “Orunodoi” scheme, which today covers around 20 lakh families.
- The government provides Rs.1,000 in monthly cash assistance to scheme participants.
- Starting in October, Orunodoi recipients would receive Rs 1250 per month. They would be given an extra Rs 250 to cover their electrical costs. He said that, while the government could have paid the cash directly to the electrical company, it opted not to do so because it “wants to instill a responsibility among the people to make the payment themselves.” The program’s beneficiary list would be updated in the next two months.
- Student volunteers will visit households to update the list until September 20. Following the completion of the field visits, the district committees will finalize the list by October 10.
Beneficiaries will be covered according to the new list beginning in October, and they will receive the revised amount.
- Six lahks more eligible families are expected to be included in the new list.
- Families who are currently on the waiting list but whose financial position has improved are encouraged to quit their participation in the scheme.
- Individuals who no longer meet the standards to be “Orunodoi” beneficiaries have been urged to leave the scheme voluntarily.
- It is possible to do so both online and offline, and 459 such families have already opted out of the program’s benefits.
Orunodoi Scheme Eligibility
To avail of the orunodai scheme eligibility is given below,
- Permanent resident of Assam
- The applicant should be currently living in Assam.
- The total income of the household should be less than 2 lakhs annually.
- The beneficiary (female) should have a bank account. The bank account record shall match the scheme records.
- If the bank account is not there, then the woman is required to open one before the application approves.
Priority is given to:
- Separated family member
- Unmarried women
- Divorced women
- Widow women
|Documents Required to Apply Online|
|Voter id card|
|Domicile of Assam|
Not eligible for Assam Orunodoi Scheme 2023
- If any member of a family works under the government or PSUs, the family will not entitle to get the benefits of the scheme.
- Families having 15 Bighas of land, four-wheeler, refrigerator, income above Rs. 2 lahks, and owning a tractor are not eligible for the Orunodoi scheme.
- The family owns a washing machine or AC
- If the household does not have any female members.
- Former and current Member Of Parliament/Member Of Legislative Assembly.
- Employees of Government
- Income tax payer
Orunodoi Scheme Registration Process 2023
- To begin with, go to the official portal of the Assam Orunodoi Scheme.
- Then on the home page, there is an Application form for the Scheme. Download THE pdf document.
- Fill in all the details correctly and attach the required documents.
- Then submit the application form to the department of the government concerning the scheme.
To Raise a Complaint Against Orunodoi Scheme 2023
- Check out its official website.
- You will first see the Home Page appear before you.
- You are required to click on the “make a complaint” link that is located on the homepage.
- A form for filing complaints will appear.
- On this complaint form, you are necessary to enter all of the required information. After that, you are required to click the submit button.
- Now, Your complaint is successfully submitted.