In Tamil Nadu, there are 38 districts. Each district is further subdivided into taluks for the management of revenue. The Taluk Heads, also known as Tahsildar, is in charge of the Taluk office. With the assistance of the Village Administration Officers and Revenue Inspectors, the Taluk is responsible for managing all revenue-related concerns.
There is a list of Public Holidays allotted for the (TN Taluk Office) by the Tamilnadu government. Apart from Public Holidays, Saturday and Sunday are holidays for TN Taluk Office. To get more information about the TN Holidays list you can visit our website before visiting the TN office to avoid any inconvenience.
TN Taluk authority and role of Tahsildar
- With the help of VAOs (Village Administration Officers) and the revenue Inspectors, a variety of certifications, including caste certificates, income certificates, residential proof certificates, etc., are issued at the Taluk office.
- When inhabitants of the taluk disagree, the tahsildar serves as the second-in-line justice department spokesperson.
- In accordance with the powers granted to him, the Taluk also serves as the authority to compile all complaints received about governmental or non-governmental organizations and to inquire about them.
- The district collector and the divisional authority receive assistance from the tahsildar in revenue-related activities.
TN Taluk provides various Online services like applying and downloading for caste certificates, income certificates, residential proof certificates, etc., Each Taluk may vary in providing certificates. For the original certificate, you can get it by visiting the TN Taluk office.
Taluk Office Public Holidays 2024 for Tamil Nadu
TN Taluk office Public Holidays
|New Year’s Day||2024-01-01||Monday|
|Annual closing of Accounts for Commercial Banks & Co-operative Banks||2024-04-01||Monday|
|Telugu New Year’s Day||2024-04-09||Tuesday|
|Ramzan (Idu’I Fitr)||2024-04-11||Thursday|
|Tamil New Year’s Day Dr. B.R.Ambedkar’s Birthday||2024-04-14||Sunday|
|Bakrid (Idul Azha)||2024-06-17||Monday|
Tamil Nadu (Taluk) Office Holiday List 2024
Important Holidays for TN Taluk Office 2024
The Tamil Nadu Taluk Office follows a list of holidays each year. These holidays may vary from year to year, but usually include national holidays, state holidays, and festivals. Some examples of holidays observed by the Tamil Nadu Taluk are:
- Republic Day (26th January)
- Independence Day (15th August)
- Mahatma Gandhi Jayanti (2nd October)
- Diwali (Festival of lights)
- Pongal (harvest festival)
- Christmas Day (25th December)
- Eid-ul-Fitr (end of Ramadan)
- Muharram (Islamic New Year)
It’s important to note that the Taluk may also be closed on additional days for administrative reasons or for staff training. It is always best to check with Taluk directly or their website before visiting to avoid any inconvenience.