SETC Bus Fare Structure 2023Edited by: InfoTechies
The Tamil Nadu State Transport Corporation (SETC) has a fare structure that is designed to be affordable and convenient for passengers who use its bus services.
The fare structure is based on the distance traveled, the type of service (such as express, deluxe, or ultra-deluxe), and the type of bus (such as AC or non-AC).
For shorter distances, passengers can choose to travel on non-AC buses such as ordinary or express buses. The fare for these buses typically starts at Rs. 5 and increases based on the distance traveled.
For longer distances, passengers can choose to travel on AC or non-AC deluxe or ultra-deluxe buses. These buses are equipped with amenities such as reclining seats, air conditioning, and on-board entertainment systems. The fare for these buses is typically higher than for non-AC buses, starting at around Rs. 100 and increasing based on the distance traveled.
In addition to the base fare, there are additional charges for services such as reservation fees, luggage charges, and other optional services. These charges vary depending on the type of service and the bus operator.
Passengers can purchase bus tickets from SETC bus stations, online through the SETC website, or through authorized ticketing agents. The corporation also offers various discounts and concessions for certain categories of passengers, such as senior citizens, differently-abled persons, and students.
Latest TNSTC FARE STRUCTURE
|Type Of Service||Rate Per Passenger Kilo Meter (In Paise)|
|A/C Volvo Coaches||170|
|Ghat Road||A basic fare of plain + 20% shall be charged to passengers|
SETC (Flexi Charge)
|Fare for Lean days|
Monday to Thursday
|Fare for Peak days|
Friday to Sunday
|Ultra Deluxe Bus with Toilet facility(Classic Bus)||105||115|
|A basic fare of plain + 20% shall be charged from passengers||180||200|
|Non-Air Conditioned Sleeper bus||135||155|
here’s some unique content regarding travel concessions:
- There are several categories of people who are eligible for travel concessions when using Tamil Nadu State Transport Corporation (SETC) buses. These concessions are designed to make travel more affordable and accessible for individuals who may face financial, physical, or other challenges.
- One group that is eligible for travel concessions includes present and ex-Members of Parliament / Legislative Assembly and ex-Members of Legislative Council. This category of individuals may receive discounts on bus fares when traveling on SETC buses.
- Another group that is eligible for travel concessions includes accredited journalists / media persons. These individuals may also receive discounted fares when using SETC buses for official travel.
- Freedom fighters who are drawing Central / State Pension, as well as widows and legal heirs of freedom fighters who are drawing Central / State Pension, are also eligible for travel concessions. In addition, aged Tamil scholars and participants in language stirs and their legal heirs may be eligible for discounts on bus fares when traveling on SETC buses.
- Cancer patients and differently-abled persons, including those who are deaf and dumb, blind, mentally retarded, or epileptic, may also receive travel concessions when using SETC buses.
- Drama artists and H.I.V. / AIDS patients are also eligible for travel concessions on SETC buses.
- Finally, senior citizens who are 60 years of age or older may apply for a senior citizen bus travel pass. This pass entitles them to unlimited travel on SETC buses within the state of Tamil Nadu. The pass is valid for a period of one year and can be renewed annually.
TNSTC (SETC) Bus Type of Services:
|SETC Type Of Service||No Of Buses|
|Town Ordinary Services (Women No fare Travel)||7105|
|Chennai Metro – City services||3233|
|Town Services (in Districts)||2515|
|Inter State Express Services||604|
|Intra State Express Services||478|