Vacation can improve your physical and mental health, stress levels, sleep, and attitude. However, taking the right amount of vacation time can actually increase your work productivity. Planning a Vacation trip can help to spend time with family and friends.
The lovely island in the tropics is Sri Lanka. The majority of tourists choose Colombo as their entry point into Sri Lanka but resist the urge to skim through this vibrant and fascinating city. Depending on the tourist’s interests, they can decide when is the best time to visit Colombo. It’s the ideal location to organize your vacations and take a break from the busy city streets.
Places To Visit In Colombo with Family
Choose the best ones, and make sure you have your camera with you to document Colombo’s stunning locations. Read more by scrolling down.
If you are traveling from India, You can choose Delhi, Banglore, and Chennai airports to travel on Flights.
- Royal Colombo Golf Course – Enjoy The Gentlemen’s Game
- Paradise Road – For Shopping
- Shri Ponnambalawaneswaram Kovil – Peace & Tranquility
- Sri Kailawasanathan Swami Devasthanam Kovil – Beautiful & Calm
- Colombo Port Maritime Museum – A Short History Walk
- Old Parliament Building – Take A Plunge Into The History
- World Trade Centre – Most Eco-Friendly Building
- Pettah Floating Market – Shop On A Floating Platform
- Laksala – Best Souvenir Shop
- Khan Clock Tower – A Colombo Landmark
- Asokaramaya Buddhist Temple – Bow, Pray & Meditate
- Wolvendaal Church – Finest Dutch Architectures
- Colombo Lotus Tower – Beauty Not To Be Missed
- Sri Lanka Planetarium – Haven For Astronomy Lovers
- Sri Ponnambala Koneswaram Kovil – Top Hindu Temple
- National Art Gallery – A Perfect Place For Art Lovers
- Crow Island Beach Park – The newest Parks Of Colombo
- Sambodhi Chaithya – Admire The Beauty Of The Stupa
- Slave Island – Former Prison
- Beddagana Wetland Park – A Colorful Place To Explore
- Diyatha Uyana – Explore 3D Art
- Bellanwila Rajamaha Viharaya – Most-Visited Temple
- Kelaniya Raja Maha Vihara – Landmark Of Cultural Charm
- Seema Malaka – Ideal For A Peaceful Getaway
- Bally’s Casino – Try Your Luck
- Colombo Dutch Museum – Know More About The History
- St. Lucia’s Cathedral – Pray For Everyone’s Well-Being
- Galle Face Green – Explore The Shimmering Coastline
- The Independence Square – Historical Landmark Of Colombo
- Jami Ul-Alfar Mosque – Let Red & White Stripes Baffle You
- National Museum Of Colombo – Admire The Art Collection
- Beira Lake – End The Day With A Romantic Sunset
- Viharamahadevi Park – Perfect For Recreational Activities
- Gangaramaya Buddhist Temple – Gape At The Architecture
- Attidiya Bird Sanctuary – Ideal For Flora & Fauna Lovers
- Mount Lavinia – Stay At A Heritage Hotel
- Dehiwala Zoo – Meet The Animals
- Old Galle Buck Lighthouse – Enjoy The Panoramic Views
- Traditional Puppet Art Museum – Enjoy Sri Lankan Culture
- Arugam Bay Beach – Chill & Relax At The Beach
- Day Tour – Explore, Eat, Relax, Repeat
- Old Dutch Hospital – Buy Some Souvenirs
- Casino Marina – Get Some Money Out Of Your Pocket
- Barefoot – Get A Jazz-like Vibe
- St. Peter’s College – Discover The Culture Of Colombo
Places To Visit In Colombo with Friends
- Gangaramaya (Vihara) Buddhist Temple
- Kelaniya Raja Maha Vihara
- Mount Lavinia Beach
- Colombo National Museum
- Viharamahadevi Park.
- Dutch Hospital Shopping Precinct.
- Independence Square.
- Ballys Casino.
Best Places To Visit In Colombo for Couples
- Gangaramaya Buddhist Temple
- Mount Lavinia Beach
- Viharamahadevi Park
- Independence Square
- Dutch Hospital Shopping Precinct
- Beira Lake
- Independence Memorial Hall
- Seema Malakaya Temple
- Galle Face Green
- Colombo Fort
- Pigeons Island
- Taprobane Island
- Pettah Market
Best Season to enjoy in Colombo
The dry season, which lasts from January to March, is the ideal time to travel to Colombo. The northeast monsoon, which lasts from November to February, is the ideal time to travel to Colombo if you want to see the west and south coasts as well as the country’s mountains. With the exception of the dry season, Colombo sees occasional rainfall throughout the year. The lowest humidity levels and coldest temperatures of the year make now the perfect time to experience Colombo’s sightseeing.
Budget Hotels available in Colombo for Sightseeing
City Beds: The low-cost lodging facility is close to the Old Dutch Hospital Complex. If you wish to prepare meals on your own, there is a communal kitchen. A 24-hour front desk, parking, and transportation to and from the airport are also provided.
The Sapphire Hotel is another excellent low-cost option. It features family rooms and other colorful rooms. There is a pool, a restaurant that offers free breakfast, and free parking, among other amenities.